MFA 2011 Savannah College of Art and Design- Atlanta
BFA 2006 Ohio University
· Art Education; Studio focus in Printmaking, Photography, and Sculpture
2018 Community of Artists, Alpharetta Arts Center, Alpharetta
Leading By Example, Zuckerman Museum of Art Fine Arts Gallery, Marietta
2017 In The Fold, ACA Library of Savannah College of Art and Design, Atlanta
Has Left the Building, Savannah College of Art and Design, Atlanta
Prints On The Green, Southern Graphics Council International, Kennesaw State University, Marietta
2016 Academy/Academia, Juried by Fay Gold, Marietta Cobb Museum of Art, Marietta
ARTiculate Atlanta, Mason Fine Art Gallery, Atlanta
SCAD Open Studio, Savannah College of Art and Design, Atlanta
2015 ARTiculate Atlanta, Mason Fine Art Gallery, Atlanta
Almost Something, Marcia Wood Castleberry, Atlanta
2014 Now Is the Time, Limelight Gallery, Atlanta
2013 What Those Who Teach Can Do, Atlanta Art Institute, Decatur
What Those Who Teach Can Do, Janet S. Day Gallery, Dunwoody
2011 Visual Arts Educator Show, Professional Learning Center- South, Atlant
Paint By Number, The Granite Room, Atlanta
Communication Breakdown: MFA Thesis Exhibition, The B Complex, Atlanta
2010 SCAD Open Studio, Savannah College of Art and Design, Atlanta
Printellectual juried student exhibit, Kennesaw State University
Printshop Invitational, Studioplex, Atlanta
Suite! Graduate Explorations in Printmaking, Dewberry Gallery, Atlanta
2009 SCAD Open Studio, Savannah College of Art and Design, Atlanta
2006 Juried Undergraduate Student Art exhibit, Ohio University, Athens OH
2005 Art Education Major Exhibit, Kennedy Museum of Art, Ohio University, Athens OH
2003 Student Art Competition, Honorable Mention, Trisolini Gallery, Athens OH
Professor at Savannah College of Art and Design- Atlanta 2015-Present
Foundations department: Design 100, Drawing 100, Drawing 101. Printmaking department: Printmaking 200.
Visual Arts Department Chair at Cambridge High School from 2012- Present
· Opened visual arts program in a new build high school: Departmental staffing, inventory management and budgeting, curriculum and assessment writing, establishing grading policies, peer mentorship and observations.
· Credentialed Teacher Keys Evaluator: Classroom walkthrough observations and staff conferences per the Georgia Teacher Keys Evaluation System model.
· Teaching: Advanced Placement Studio Art (2-D, Drawing, and 3-D portfolios), Drawing and Painting, Printmaking, Photography, Graphic Design, Introduction to Art.
· Committee Chair: Scheduling, Professional Learning Community.
· Workshop Leader: Technology in the visual arts classroom (introduction to Twitter, Pinterest, Wordpress, Dropbox, and YouTube)
· School Governance Council: Co-writing the Cambridge High School Strategic Plan, drafting Requests for Flexibility, analyzing and evaluating the school budget, and providing leadership to the staff of Cambridge High School.
· QUESTT Mentor: Guide alternative certification candidates in an 18-month teaching residency program.
· Teacher Leader in Fulton County Schools: Teacher Selector - phone interviewing and pre-screening teaching candidates for the Fulton County Teacher Applicant Pool.
Guest Lecturer at Georgia Gwinnett College, October 2012, 2013, 2014
· Art, Art history, and History departments: On print media and popular culture during the 16th century, and the printmaking techniques or processes used by Albrecht Durer and Northern Renaissance artists.
Teaching Assistant at Savannah College of Art and Design, Winter 2011
· Instructed: Serigraphy II to undergraduate students. Demonstrated skills on mixing inks, alternative processes, computer manipulation.
· Managed: Shop maintenance; assisted with grading.
Teacher Leadership Forum Member at Fulton County Schools July 2013- Present
· Representative: From Cambridge High School on a panel of 120 teachers from Fulton County. Provided leadership and input to re-deliver information to our school community regarding the Georgia Department of Education Teacher Keys Effectiveness System and its requirements.
· Sub-committee member: Planned for a new Strategic Compensation Model for Fulton County Teachers to propose to FCS Board in May 2014; designed teacher Career Ladder and Roles to align with a new compensation model for Fulton County Teachers.
Assessment Writer for Fulton County Visual Arts from November 2013 - June 2014
· Student Learning Objectives Writing: Co-developed a standardized assessment tool to measure student growth within the Introduction to Art, Photography 1, and Drawing and Painting 1 programs of Fulton County Schools. Align expectations for Teacher Keys Effectiveness System via GADOE to establish student-centered measureable objectives to determine growth within content areas.
Judge for district- level Georgia Governor’s Honors Program, October 2011, 2012, 2013
· Interviewed: High school visual arts student nominees and judged portfolios.
Teacher at Northwestern Middle School, August 2006- June 2012
· Teaching: Grades 6-8 visual arts, Yearbook, black and white darkroom photography club.
Curriculum Writer for Fulton County Schools Visual Arts, April 2010 and June 2008
· 2010: Designed and wrote high school Printmaking I and Printmaking II curriculum for Fulton County aligning to Georgia Performance Standards.
· 2008: Condensed and facilitated new approach to middle school visual arts curriculum for Fulton County.
Presenter at Georgia Art Education Association, October 2011
· Presented: Georgia Performance Standards for Middle School Visual Arts, best practices for implementing standards, and classroom management skills to state middle school educators.
Administrative Assistant at Spruill Center for the Arts, 2010- 2012
· Assisted: Curriculum design, budgeting, and enrollment for summer classes and camps.
Printmaking: Serigraphy, relief, monotype, collograph, etching and photogravure, lithography (stone, photo litho, pronto plates), letterpress
Photography: Darkroom Processing (black & white and color), studio lighting, digital applications
Drawing and Painting: Observational, Design, Water-based media, color theory
Sculpture: Reductive, modeling, bronze casting, ceramics (hand-building, wheel, Raku)
Technology: Adobe CS, Social Media as a learning management system, Google Classroom
National Arts Education Association
Southern Graphics Council
Awards and Recognitions
2014 Teacher Leader, Fulton County Schools
2013 Teacher of the Year Nominee, Cambridge High School
2008- 2011 Educator Fellowship, Savannah College of Art and Design
2010 Secretary of the SCAD-Atlanta Printmaking Club
2009-2011 Supervising teacher for student teaching candidates
2003-2006 Deans list, Ohio University
2013 Skills USA Logo Design Competition Judging
2011-13PTA Reflections Visual Arts Contest Judging
2010-12Supervising Teacher for Student Teaching Candidates
2009 Fulton County Art Educator Printmaking Workshops
2006-11Girls On Track Coach
Scott Gilbert Memorial Challenge Course Facilitator
2005 At-Risk student art Program
2004 Disability Awareness Festival workshop